Sunday, July 15, 2007

Out and About...WRJ...

Here we are back again in White River Junction...the beautiful building at the end of the street is the train station and visitors center. From here you can take a train up to Canada or down to Boston or just about anywhere. But, the most fun trains are the ones that just go on leaf excursions which we took last year. Not sure what the name of this street is - but, it is a side street off the main street.


Saw this sign while standing on the main street - thought it was cute...and it has been there forever!


Looking down the main street. There are many little coffee shops, restaurants, and small shops on these little streets. The street to the right is Gates Street - and it also has some cute shops.

Looking down Main Street!


The Hotel Coolidge is just awesome - it has been here forever! When I went inside they were very nice and let me look around! Unfortunately, because the building is ancient - it is very dark inside and none of my photos of the interior turned out. There is a cafe and gift shop in the hotel.

The rest of White River Junction is spread out where the Quilt shop is. Car dealerships, the Post office, and a few hotels are there also as it is close to Interstate 91. The VA hospital takes up a huge area of that area.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun... very quaint! Our downtown where I live has some really neat places too. There's an old hotel that's been converted into a mercantile business. My mom loves to shop down there. We always go for the Christmas open houses. Hmmmm... maybe I'll have to blog about it this coming holiday season. Take a few pictures to share...

Michele sent me today. :)

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rats.

Tried to comment earlier from Michele's and the darn thing ate it.

So.

Hi.

Wondered if you've heard of Bill Gnade or Amy Kane, two New Hampshire folks I read regularly.

Cheers.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Queue_t said...

coming over from create a connection, support sunday to see what Ideas you may need. love your little home town feel in our photos.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger BreadBox said...

Beautiful northeastern little town there --- we spent a few days driving from Albany across to Maine in January, and it was absolutely stunning, both the natural scenery and the towns we drove through. Beautiful.

Michele sent me!
N.

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Susan said...

I don't even know Michele and here I am! What a great post. Now I want to visit there. Between you and Devorah, my red dirt is getting rather boring *G*

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Happy sigh. What a picture perfect place. I wish I could live in a burg like this. Maybe I'll get to visit it next time we're in Montreal visiting family. I think it's important for my kids to appreciate smaller towns...maybe they'll want to move to one.

And maybe my wife will join the chorus!

Dropped by from Michele's this afternoon. Great to e-see you again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home