Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Friday...Salem, MA...

Did a few circles on the way to Salem from Burlington, but you'll never be able to accuse me of missing pretty scenery...so, I got lost a couple of times...then I found out that I-95 and 128 were the same road for a little while...pure panic! But, I did okay - went the speedlimit 65 and still had folks saluting me and passing me as if I were sitting still. But, made it to Rhonda's!

Okay, so Salem is big!!! Did I tell you Salem is big! I don't know what I expected but it wasn't Big! Guess I sort of thought it was going to be a cute little village with a historic center and some thing about witches - but, no. It is big! And, I had a blast.

Rhonda is as nice in person as she is on her blog...and talented! Oh, let me tell you...I saw that felted tea cozy - and you would not believe it. Gorgeous!!! Plus she is a gracious hostess who showed me around Salem...a town she really, really loves...and it shows.

First off it was lunch at the Rockmore...the boat trip over was so awesome! I know I must have looked like a real tourist. Let's just say - it's a good thing there were no flies around...

Here we are having just finished lunch...And, this is Rhonda on the way back to Salem...
The barge looking thing that has the tent and the turquoise little building on it is the Rockmore! Good food and a great view of Marblehead and Salem.
That is a view of Marblehead...lots of big houses on the water...

This little guy stole my heart - he came out with his family on the boat to enjoy the day. Don't you just love the doggie life jacket????

Rhonda and I spent time at Seed Stitch Fine Yarns - ended up with some lush brown sock yarn. Then it was time to check out the quilt store...found a great piece of black and white. From there it was time for tea ... and we had the best tea at the local tea shop. We ended our day in her backyard relaxing before I took off for Gloucester.

Rhonda, thanks for a great time...we'll have to do it again!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Stella Dean said...

The pictures alone indicate a wonderful time! Michele sent me.

 
At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear you had a great time. For some reason, I thought you'd been to Salem before. it's a fun little seaside town with lots to see and do. You hit my favorite fun spots, too. Seed Stitch and the quilt shop are my 2 must-stops.
GREAT photos you both have posted.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

You DID get some good shots! I'm glad you had a good time too. There's even more to see the next time you come down. But of course, we'll do the Rockmore again? Or Finz.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I love seeing you out and about and having fun! Good for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home