Saturday, July 28, 2007

A Year of Simple Things...Week 15

Simple things are things that bring comfort to my body and soul...and this is one of my comfort foods - Stuffed Bell Peppers. Even though it is hot outside these are worth turning on the oven for.

Mine are simple enough to make: I just boil the green peppers (once they have been cut and seeds taken out). In between time I cook a pound of hamburger in a skillet, boil some white rice, and open a can of tomato sauce. I then mix the hamburger and rice with the tomato sauce - stuff the peppers and pour any left over tomato sauce on top...and bake for 45 minutes at 350.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I've always liked stuffed peppers, but I cannot eat the Green ones..Red or Yellow are okay...but something about those green ones...Well, they just don't sir right! BUT, yours sure look good!

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Michele sent me.

And the socks down below look wonderful.

Happy weekend to you.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Bev Sykes said...

I like stuffed peppers, but my husband doesn't, so I never make them--but these look yummy!

Thanks for visiting my site today.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Bobkat said...

I love peppers and this looks like a really simple and tasty recipe. I must try it!

Michele sent me to say hi!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Melody said...

Me again! I'm here via Michele...

If I were to make this recipe I would use red peppers for the fact that when they cook they are oh so sweet! I make a sililar thing but use tiny tomatoes, anchovies and olives with cheese in them. Delicious.

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like stuffed capsicum or bell peppers as you call it.

I cut and take out the seeds and stuff it with mashed potatos mixed with chilli and tomatoes.

I sallow fry it.

Glad Michele sent me her to exchange recipes.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Stuffed peppers are one of my all time favorites. Thankfully they're one of my DH's also. He doesn't always like the same thing that I do. I cook them when green peppers are on sale and then freeze a few to pull out and heat up.

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the recipe. Mark has been wanting me to make those for him for a while now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home