Friday, July 20, 2007

Eatin' Good...

Part of the program at Garden Meals is to get people to like food that is good for you, therefore a great amount of emphasis is placed on using natural ingredients and homemade items (like salad dressing, pizza dough, pie crusts). This is especially hard when most of the kids that come to the program know nothing other than "fast food" and sometimes it is hard to convince them to try new stuff. Yet when they do - they usually like it...

Each day we are there we always prepare a salad...and make a good dressing. Thought I would share yesterday's dressing with you...

Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
1/4 cup Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
4 teaspoons Honey
2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and whisk together. Or you can place all the ingredients in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well to combine.
You can keep this dressing for up to a week in the fridge.
Have a great week-end...

4 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As love mustard, this salad dressing sounds good.

Michele sent me so that I make it!

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger BreadBox said...

The dressing sounds good --- have you ever tried adding a little sesame oil to it? It gives it an oriental flavour...
Michele sent me tonight!

N.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Hi Sara. When my wife was away, I experimented with the kids, cooking a lot of meals from scratch, deliberately avoiding the processed/prefab stuff.

At first, I was worried they wouldn't like it. But they dug into it and even called me a great cook. Such praise from such finicky little people!

Looks like I'll be cooking a lot more from now on. How neat is that?

I dropped by from Michele's this time, but I'd have come on my own anyway. I love your blog.

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here via Michele.

Believe it or not, I cook for the family and summer salads are it. This dressing sounds good, perhaps with a few walnuts added and a hint of bleu cheese.

Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home