Saturday, July 21, 2007

More This and That...

None of these things would make an entire post...so, we'll just talk about this and that today!

1) What gives with Bloglines...oh, I'm going nuts trying to figure out why some blogs are showing just the current post and then others are showing some weird number and taking me back to stuff I read a year ago...

2) For the last week I have been working on my Cabin Cove Yarn Socks - do you think I can get to the point where I start the toe??? It has taken forever to knit 6-1/2 inches and I'm still not there! What gives there!!!

3) Killian hasn't used his new bed since the first day! Go figure!!!

4) I have been reading a lot lately! My goal for the summer reading program this year was to read 9 books between June 1 and August 31; to read books in my library; and to read at least one book of poetry.

Goals one and two are met but I haven't unpacked any of my poetry books...they will be unpacked soon...

My recent reads are:

Justifiable Means by Terri Blackstock - Fiction - Christian Suspense

A Rage to Kill by Ann Rule - True Life Crime

Heart Full of Lies by Ann Rule - True Life Crime

Nicole Brown Simpson: The Private Diary of a Life Interrupted by Faye D. Resnick with Mike Walker - Biography

5) I had to return all the clothes I bought yesterday because they were too big! I must have lost some weight somewhere along the line...

6) My bookcases are starting to fill up and I am excited that the unpacking is moving at a faster rate. My furniture is where I want it in the apartment so now I can unpack my things into the desks, bookcases, and sewing center! It is so exciting!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger True Willow said...

That's quite a list you have there for reading. True life crimes are interesting, god bless you with the move, unpacking is tough sometimes. BTW Michele sent me. ; )

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger craziequeen said...

Another Ann Rule fan? You know she knew Ted Bundy, yeah? She's written some great factual books.

I read true crime too....and also forensic books and stuff like that. Add in some historical books.

I'm currently reading Priestess of the White, the first in the new Age of Five trilogy by Trudi Canavan.

Hi there, Michele sent me to see you tonight, Sara.

cq

 
At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, I was wondering if I broke my Bloglines or something. I'm having the same problem here. Maybe Cookie or Norma have something to do with it?
And the socks? The yarn is enchanted, it's meant to give you long term pleasure, so it just SEEMS like you've been knitting forever. You must just be enjoying yourself.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'm here from Michele tonight...She says..."HI"! And so do I.

You are doing a lot of Book Resding...That is a fantastic goal...!

I am not on Bloglines so I can be of NO Help there...Sorry about that...! I hope someone else who belongs to that can be of help!
Isn't it weird how these things just go sort of wonky sometimes? How they ever figured any of it out in the first place is truly Amazing!

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger BreadBox said...

If you can get your hands on Archy and Mehitabel, it is wonderfully funny, bad poetry, and a tremendously enjoyable read -- about a cockroach (a former vers libre bard) and a cat (who claims she used to be Cleopatra in a former life).

Michele sent me to pervert your poetry reading tonight:-)

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger catsmum said...

I'm another who was wondering why blogs that I was up to date with were suddenly showing me 20 or 30 supposedly unread posts.

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloglines sucks! First, it marked all my feeds as read so I didn't know who had posted. Then the next day, it started doing what you describe! It's impossible to try and keep up at this rate.

I love true life crime books.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Yah Bloglines is doing that to me too. Like over 500 unread feeds. Oui! So maybe it'll straighten itself out.

Maybe Killian's bed needs to be placed in a different spot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home