Monday, August 06, 2007

Thursday...Burlington, MA...

The trip began by heading to Burlington, MA and Borders to meet up with Erica and see Stephanie, the Yarn Harlot in person! The ride down was lovely - a clear day - and back roads. What could be better...


Upon arriving the first stop was Borders...and meeting Erica! We've been trying to meet for about a year now...and it was so nice to see her. She was quite busy turning an area of Borders into seating for 300 knitters. Managed to catch a snapshot of her in front of the sign for the booksigning. Have to say she is a lot prettier in person than the photo on her blog leads you to believe. Think we all would pay highly for her porcelain skin...!

Even though this was a really busy time for her, she managed to make me feel really welcome and while waiting in line to get my book signed we were able to talk a little bit! She is just every bit as nice as I knew she was!

In between the time I arrived and the booksigning, I found my hotel and went to the Mall. It was the first time I've been at the mall since last October...guess I'm just not a mall person.



This is what Borders looked like at about 6:00 (an hour before the Harlot would arrive)...I'm sitting in the second row with the black tee-shirt that says "Knit Happens". By 6:45 there was not a seat in the place!!!!


This is a shot of Erica and I...and...


Here I am with Stephanie (the Yarn Harlot) and holding her sock! She was so funny!!! Everyone laughed at the things she had to say...it was such a fun time.

Afterwards I met Kat ... and Cheryl who I was meeting up with in Portsmouth on Saturday.

So, Thursday was a great time in Burlington and Borders...tomorrow: Salem and Gloucester.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I thought that was you when I first saw the pic! Sounds like a wonderful trip and I look forward to hearing even more! Oh and welcome home!

 
At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so great! And you look So happy. Your new life seems to be agreeing with you, too.

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful to see you so happy! What a good time we had!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Hockey Mom said...

How exciting! I had no idea you were a tiny person too! hee hee. I get to see the Harlot in September.

I'm so glad you had a great time!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

You certainly have a big smile on ... must have been a ticklish good time, hehe. You'll have to come back when Stephanie is down this way again next year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home