Friday, August 24, 2007

Movie Week...

Seems like I am in the mood to be entertained this week...because I've been watching a lot of movies...

The Prestige: Really an interesting movie...if you haven't seen it ... I do suggest it... Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale - they aren't hard to look at...either.

Premonition: Another really good Sandra Bullock film...lots of twists and turns...also stars the guy who was in Nip Tuck...

Bowling for Columbine: Interesting...and I will leave it at that -- as I don't want to get political.

Beyond the Sea: Bobby Darin's life story. Great musical...Kevin Spacey...he's awesome in this. I don't think I've seen a bad Kevin Spacey movie.

And, of course, I already mentioned The Stepford Wives.

All this movie watching was great for the knitting...worked very hard on the Red Scarf...and on a pair of socks for myself.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Blogger scrappintwinmom said...

I loved The Prestige as well. I'm waiting for 3:10 to Yuma with Christian Bale and Russell Crowe. Yummy. Here via Michele.

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Premonition- how serendipitous- I was trying to remember the name of that movie tonight at the video store- they had Deja vu but not that one & I knew I wanted the one with Sandra Bullock in it.
The only ones you mention that I've seen is Bowling for Columbine (which I will I thought was very good) & The new version of The Stepford Wives which certainly did rewrite the story a bit didn't it?
(I liked the book & the original much better- though I enjoyed Bette Middler)
Michele sent me tonight.

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen the first two. I did like both.

Michele sent me here to check on those movies!

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger November Rain said...

hi from michelle

yes watching TV is great for crafts though for me its crocheting

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Deb R said...

I really liked The Prestige a lot!

I haven't seen Premonition yet. I wanted to see it when it was out in theaters, but heard a lot of bad buzz on it (people saying the end just sort of fizzled) so I decided to wait a bit. I figure I'll still watch it at some point, on DVD or regular TV.

Haven't seen Bowling for Columbine or Beyond the Sea. Have seen Stepford Wives (both versions), but it's been a while!

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back again today- Scrappintwinmom mentioned waiting for 3:10 to Yuma to come out.
I'm waiting for Room 1408 to be released on video/dvd- I loved that short story & I'm a big fan of John Cusack.
Michele sent me to visit you again today!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Bobkat said...

The Prestige was certainly a good film. I suspect that if you liked it then you should also enjoy The Illusionist. It has the magic theme teamed with a great story.

Michele sent me to say hi :)

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger MsT said...

I missed Premonition in the theatres, but that is my favorite genre - what is reality and what is not? Movies such as Groundhog Day, Sliding Doors, the Matrix, Jacob's Ladder - love them all. Thanks for the reviews and happy knitting from me and Michele!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home