Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Fabric and Yarn, Yarn and Fabric...

Lush fabric...wasn't really looking for anything in particular while on my trip - but, of course, I found a few half yards I couldn't resist. A batik, a Kaffe Fassett, black and white oriental, and two yellows that caught my eye. Buying the yellow was a surprise as that is one color I don't have much of.
Yarn...Sock Yarn...that has to equal love...The brown yarn I bought at Seed Stitch Fine Yarns. Looking for something to match beige pants without it being beige...and that color was so pretty. I'd not heard of the brand - but, the lady at the shop told me it knits up beautifully.

Regia Bamboo yarn was my next purchase in Portsmouth at The Yarn Basket. I've been wanting to try the Bamboo and hadn't so thought this would be a good chance. She had some Regia Silk but when I felt the sample - I liked the softness of the bamboo yarn better.

Yarn for Ewe in Rye, NH was where the last purchase came from - Jawoll Cotton Jacquard Superwash...comes from Italy and is 49% wool, 35% cotton, and 16% nylon. All the yarn is lovely and soft! Can't wait to knit the new socks...

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You've got a lot of socks to knit ahead of you. I just got Trekking XXL [bamboo] on the needles a couple of days ago myself. I have a whole drawer full of sock yarn to knit up. ;-)

Say, which one of those are for you?

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got yourself some great loot there!

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here from Micheles tonight- What beautiful cloth patterns!
I love the promise of cloth or skeins of yarn or embroidery floss- before I make something with them is so exciting.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger kenju said...

I never learned to knit, but I used to weave, so I know the lure of yarns! Michele sent me.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Wow what great additions to your fabric and yarn stash!

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...that's a lot of socks. :) I love the yarn and fabric you picked out. Here from Michele's but I'm glad I stopped by!

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger WendyWings said...

Here from Michelles, it looks like you have plenty to keep you busy over the next few weeks. Happy knitting.

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My blogger friend --Squirrel Spur on my sidebar -- raises rabbits for yarn, knits, and has a yarn shop. Helloooo from michele and me.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Moon said...

I used to sew alot but haven't in ages..but I always love the look, feel and touch of pieces of fabric..kind of like...hmmm what can be made with this...
As for knitting..never really learned lol
Here from Michele's..have a great day!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I bever seemed to be able to learn to knit...I think it is GREAT that you can and do! Enjoy, Enjoy...

And thanks for the visit and the very nice words, too!

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yummers, you got some lovely treats! I'm planning on going to the quilt show in Manchester on Sunday-I hope to come back with some eaqually lovely treasures.

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in love with the Kaffe Fassett. It reminds me of the back side of a patchwork quilt I had from baby-hood through my teen years. It was the coolest, softest, most wonderful feeling on my face. Seeing your photo takes me back and gives me comfort! I wonder what you'll make with it, and can't wait to find out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home