Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Boat Trip...Part 2...

This is Petey, a very special friend to everyone who goes to Day Out. At eleven years old he has just the right temperment without losing any of the Jack Russell characteristics. His day is spent going from person to person getting treats, sitting with them, or sleeping next to them. Oh, and lest we forget going everywhere with them...but, he especially likes it when there is water involved.

Petey is looking over the side of the boat searching for a good place to jump in and go for a swim. Fortunately for all of us he did not jump in and waited until the boat landed to go for his swim.

This is Carla holding Petey. She is his mom and is the director of the day out program. She is also a state representative. In addition to Petey, she has another Jack Russell who is Petey's mother and is 16 years old. Mother seems to be quite relaxed after a nice lunch. She really did enjoy the trip. Even though she doesn't see as well as others she can tell that there are houses on the shore...and likes the breeze that comes off the water. She has already told me that she wants to go again next year!!

Today's poem: Jenny Kissed Me by Leigh Hunt

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like a great trip all around. I'm so glad you both had such a good time!

Jenny Kiss'd Me is the poem for which my mother named me, btw. As a child, I never dared tell any of my friends that, because it was just too embarassing. :)

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Petey is so cute! I know a Jack Russell, Adam, who comes to Town Hall every now and then and he is the smartest dog I have ever seen! If you ask him if he has a cold, he'll sneeze - honest to God; he sneezes! He also does the best job of playing dead that I have ever seen; he lays on his side and sticks all 4 legs out perfectly, stiffly straight. It's hysterical. He does lots of other funny tricks too.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

It looks like it was a gorgeous day! I haven't spent much time up at lake Sunapee, but it's beautiful!

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww I'm such a sucker for a doggie. The only Jack Russell I've ever known was rather an obnoxious dog and I tended to think they were all that way. Now I've changed my mind *G*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home