Monday, September 03, 2007

Yarn Lust...

Ever since the woman sitting next to me at Border's during the Yarn Harlot's appearance showed me the sock she was knitting with Mountain Colors Painted Yarns there has been lust in my heart.

Actually came pretty close to buying some when I was in Portsmouth on my little trip with Cheryl and Julie. But, I had already bought three different socks yarns...and while treating one's self is nice - going over board is not.

Then imagine my surprise when I received a thank you gift for watching our dogs during an unplanned time and on the spur of the moment. Seems someone hit The Yarn Basket in Portsmouth and got me some Mountain Colors Painted Yarn! (And, I never said anything about this yarn or wanting it...)

The color is Sunburst and it is beautiful!!!!




Yesterday's Poem: A Woman's Shortcomings by Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Today's Poem: A Woman's Last Word by Robert Browning

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger MaR said...

The color is indeed beautiful! what a nice thank-you gift!
Michele sent me to take a look :)

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how much you wanted the Mountain Colors; yay for you getting it as a gift! The color is beautiful.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Those are gorgeous colors! I hope you have a great pattern fofr it!

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO jealous...I'm a knitter (and a yarn fanatic) and those colors are absolutely gorgeous!! What a fantastic gift to get too :) Michele sent me to love the fibers!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Karen said...

That is really lovely. I haven't knitted in quite a while, but yours is the second post this weekend about knitting. Maybe it's a sign and I should be knitting again! Oh, who knows?!

Michele sent me. Enjoy your lovely yarn!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love the poem a day reading that you are doing. This seems very manageable. Maybe I will follow your lead.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Pirate Princess said...

Oh wow - I think I would have yarn lust too... and I can't do a thing with it!

Saw your name on Carmi's blog and wanted to visit - I have a sister named Sara. :)

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Those will make GORGEOUS Socks! And how wonderful that someone sent it to you as a gift! Hope you will show us 'the finished product' when they are done!

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great surprise! I love when that happens!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Beautiful yarn! And how nice that it was a surprise gift and one that you'd secretly wanted. That's serendipity!!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh WOW, it was MEANT to happen! You're going to love knitting with it. What a really nice thank you gift.

I know I haven't been around in awhile ... my only excuse is I'm so busy, busy, busy. Ravelry eats up a lot of time, along with MIT work. M-m-m-m, which do I want to do more of ... oh ya, KNITTING. But I'll be by when ever I can to see what you're up too, Sara.

BTW, I loved reading about your Mom's boat trip. What a nice day!

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sara, that's gorgeous! I can't wait to see what it looks like worked up. I've admired the yarn in skeins but I don't think I've ever seen an actual sock or anything made from it. Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home