Sunday, August 26, 2007

Recipe Time...

I know I promised this recipe to several people...whom I cannot remember at this moment in time) - hey, what can I say - I do suffer every now and then with a disease called CRS!

I only made the pudding part as you can see here...but it is actually a pie filling...and even have the crust recipe...so here goes: (BTW) this pie crust is soooo good...and is great with fruit pies)


Granola Pie Crust


1-1/4 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup almonds, ground
1/4 cup walnuts, ground
1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons cold-pressed vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine oats, ground nuts, flour and salt together in a bowl. Add syrup, oil, and water. Mix well. Press the mixture into an 8x8 inch pan with wet hands. Bake 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.


Berry Vanilla Pudding Pie
(Recipe from: The New Laurel's Kitchen by Laurel Robertson,
Carol Flinders, and Brian Ruppenthal


2 cups fresh milk
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups fresh raspberries


Gently heat 1-1/2 cups of the milk in a heavy pan. Stir in the sugar and salt.


Combine the cornstarch or arrowroot with the reserved milk. Add to the milk mixture when it is very hot; cook and stir over low heat until thick. If you are using cornstarch, continue to cook and stir over very low hear for a few minutes more. Cool somewhat and add vanilla.


Fill pie crust with fresh berries and pour pudding over them while it is still warm. Sprinkle with nuts if you like and chill!


I really hope you enjoy this...I love it!!! It will work with strawberries, blueberries, and black or red raspberries (at least it did for me!)

6 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking the pie crust would be great to use for peach pie as well...I have a bunch of peaches that I froze and need to use.

Michele sent me.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This crust sounds fabulous...and just in time for what seems to be a naturally approaching pie season.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger kenju said...

That sounds heavenly and I love berries of any kind! Thanks for sharing the recipe; Michele will love it!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Bonnie Jacobs said...

Hi, Sara, Michele sent me. Kenju beat me to the post, but I decided to visit both of you.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Sounds yummy! I'll have to try this.

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Granola pie crust is an interesting idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home