Thursday, September 06, 2007

Fall Quilting...

Fall seems to be the time that my quilt quild becomes more active. Most of my quilt guild friends own farms and live in the country...as one friend put it -"I depend on my garden to feed me the rest of the year." So, between gardening, canning, and take care of outside things - there isn't a lot of time to do much quilting.

Once September rolls around there is much to do with the guild. We organize Saturday sit and sews at the school where we regularly meet. This is the perfect place to work on big projects.

But, the best part this year is that we are going to work on a block of the month quilt! We've all talked about doing one...but never have. So, this is the year! I am thinking about finally doing my black and white quilt. I think it will depend on what the patterns look like...

In the other news department: We finally found a home for Flood - my other outdoor cat. She has moved to a ten-acre-farm in Springfield, NH and will be the barn cat in a big heated barn. So, far she seems to be doing well! I am happy we found her a good home.

Poem of the day: Said the Rose by George H. Miles

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"..in a heated barn". Sounds to me like Flood has it made! Good going! And I know that's a load off your mind. I think now I'm all caught up here *G*

 
At 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Flood has made it to luxury accommodations.
I've never done a block of the month, but I've been getting the quilt bug lately. Now, to find a fabric store...

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello from Michele!

Fall is the time I get more motivated with my quilting. Tonight, I spent an hour laying out fabric for a pumpkin wall hanging I am going to try and do tomorrow.

Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home