Monday, April 07, 2008

G is for...

Garlic...

I love cooking with garlic. A few weeks ago I was given all this wonderful organic garlic. Quite a bit of it has been used.
Made some wonderful Rustic Garlic Mashed Potatoes the other day...using this garlic and it was so good.
Rustic Garlic Mashed Potatoes:

4 - 6 Red potatoes - washed and cut in quarters (leave skin on)
3 cloves of garlic - whole

Boil potatoes and garlic until potatoes are done. Mash potatoes and garlic. Add 1/2 cup Sour Cream and 1/4 stick of butter. Mash and stir until mashed potato consistency. You can leave a little lumpy if you prefer.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

What beautiful photos of that garlic! And mmmmm, garlic mashed potatoes! Yummmmy.

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love garlic! The recipe sounds good, I'll have to try it sometime soon.
Michele sent me today.

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love garlic! What a treasure you were given.

My husband buys these monster garlic things. I hesitate to point out to him that there is such a thing as too much of a good thing!!

 
At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grow it. Mine always looks much dirtier than those!

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got to tell you, I can almost always find a use for garlic, except on fresh fish. But even scrambled eggs with garlic is heavenly! And it doesn't last long around our house, either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home