Thursday, April 17, 2008

My friend...

Renny recently sent me an e-mail with photos of her two winning quilts! We became close friends when I lived in Tennessee. It started out that we went to the same church - then we found out that each of us quilts. (Although she quilts a lot better than I do...) And, as the saying goes - the rest is history!

I invited her to join our quilt guild - and encouraged her to enter her quilts in shows - and now she is a top award winning quilter in Tennessee. She teaches classes at the local quilt shop and serves in my old role as president of the quilt guild.


These quilts are just two of her magnificent quilts. I am so happy and proud of her accomplishments!

Health update:

Still hanging in there - not as sick as the past two days - but still staying home today and taking care of myself!!!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Obligatory Tagline: Hello, Michele sent me. ;)

The quilts are gorgeous! It seems like a lot of people are sick recently. Hope you get better soon!

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely quilts!

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better; I hope you're feeling 100% real soon.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Those are stunning quilte--I particu;arly like that forst one...!
You are smart Sara to take it easy...Get Completely "well" before you go back out there!

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're beautiful. Lots of quilters in this area. Hope your feeling better each day.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Sara.

Those quilts are amazing! I esp. like the asymetry of the second one.

~S

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Your friend's quilts are really beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home