Monday, July 14, 2008

Knitty Otter's Contest...


Knitty Otter is having a contest over here! It looks like a fun contest - so, I'm playing!!!

Getting to Know you Contest Questionnaire:

1.) How long have you been knitting?
Been knitting since I was in my early 30s - so that would be about 30 years.

2.) How long have you been knitting socks?
Socks - now that's a horse of a different color - I never started knitting socks until I moved up to New Hampshire - and had been here for about a year and a half. 2005 was when I took my first sock knitting class. I didn't do too good with those funny four little needles - so the instructor taught me how to use the magic loop and I've never looked back!!!!

3.) What do you do with a problem like Maria?
Put a pair of knitting needles in the girl's hands - maybe that will keep her calm and quiet for a while!

4.) What is your all time favorite sock yarn?
You ask tough questions! I don't know - I haven't knit a pair of socks with all the different sock yarns that are around. But, I do like Brown Sheep Company's Wildfoote Luxury Sock Yarn, Trekking, Barefoot, and Cabin Cove hand-dyed yarns.

5.) Toe Up or Cuff Down?
Cuff down! Haven't had the courage to try toe up socks yet. But, I will!!!

6.) What's your favorite color (this week or for all time)? Do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I LOVE color! Tend to go towards the purple family a lot...but, am getting a bit more diverse in my color choices. I used to think I didn't like orange - until I found this great pumpkin color - so, no real colors that I just can't stand.

7.) Do you have a pet(s)?
Yes, I have a wonderful 12-year-old cat named Killian. Also, am part owner of two dogs - Isis Dreamweaver (a lab/Weimmie mix) and Prozac - Zac (for short) (a Dalmation/Jack Russell mix) - they live with my ex as I can't have dogs where I live and they could not be separated.

8.) Babies: Oven Roasted or Barbecued?
Oven Roasted...

9.) Besides socks what is your favorite type of thing to knit?
Love to knit scarves, hats, mittens and afghans. Want to try and knit a sweater again - it has been a long time since I knit one.

10.) What's your favorite scent?
Lilacs, Lavender, fresh mowed grass, the earth after it rains...I love scent...and the worst is that I have really bad allergies - so sometimes I am not able to smell anything...

11.) What music are you really loving right now? Like a song or a band?
Westlife, Michael Buble, Cher, Tina Turner. The truth be known I love music!!! Always have - even though I can't carry a tune in a bucket - I still sing along. Found a great 0ldies station (60s and 70s) on the radio and it is always on when I'm in the car.

12.) How many pairs of socks have you hand knit?
Eight! Working on number 9 as we speak.

13.) What's your favorite treat? Salty or Sweet?
Both! Love Butter Pecan ice cream. Hot fudge, nuts, pretzels, chips, Werther's Originals are among my favorites.

14.) What was the most interesting thing you smelled yesterday. Not good or bad necessarily, just the thing that stuck out most so that you actually took notice of it.
The way the ground smelled after the rain...it was awesome!

15.) Needles - DPN's: Wooden, metal or plastic?
Use circulars mostly - audi turbos, aqnd Inox are my favorites. The DPN's that I have are metal.

16.) What is your favorite sock pattern that you've knit? What do you recommend?
The only pattern I have ever used to knit socks is: Classic Socks for the Family: Fingering, Sport, & Worsted Wts by Yankee Knitter Designs. But, lately I have been seeing some really cute patterns and I intend to try some new ones.

17.) The last Question: If you were stuck on a deserted island who would you want with you, what knitting would you want with you and would you ever want to leave?
I would want my family and friends with me...my entire stash of yarn so I could knit socks and scarves! And, yes, I would want to leave - because no matter how much we love our family and friends we need new experiences in order to live and grow....

And, don't forget - I have a contest going over here!!!!! Do drop by and play...

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Very Very Interesting! One learns so much from these kinds of MEME'S about the person. I like that it included other questions besides the ones about Knitting! The "purple" -Lavender Shades are a favorite of mine, too...Though I LOVE ALL Colors....As a painter, I had a field day with Color! YUM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home