Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Boston with Ann and Dave...Part One...

Boston!

My friend, Ann, came to Boston - we met up on Thursday night after the storms-from-hell held up her 3:30 arrival until close to 9PM. We started our Friday in Harvard Square with breakfast and then headed over to Harvard Yard.

This rock formation is in front of the Science Building - and we thought it was rather nice to take a photo in front of. We headed over to Woolcott and Co yarn store and met Sean. Then it was time to head downtown.Naturally we did the tourist thing and rode the Swan boats. We wandered the Public Gardens and the Common for a while...went walking down Newbury Street and into Cartier and Chanel...and just in general got a feel for Boston and its beauty. We did a lot of people watching too...
We were amazed at the beauty of the Boston Public Library! Is that room not impressive!!! Then we headed out for a sunset cruise of the Boston Harbor...it was so fun!

Part of the Boston skyline - from our boat. The sun was just setting - and it was so beautiful. Here we are with the setting sun smiling on us. After leaving the boat we headed up to Chinatown. We actually walked quite a ways to get there.
On the way we passed this great water feature - full of kids playing in the water! It was so fun - I am sure the thought crossed our minds - but, dinner was calling.

Stopped in the lobby of the Boston Harbor Hotel (I think that is the correct name) - seems they just received a 5 star rating and they were celebrating. Totally fell in love with the gorgeous orchids in the lobby.
Chinatown and dinner! We experimented with a drink called Bubble Tea - it is like a slushie with tapioca in it. I just had mine plain - and it was totally refreshing (coconut, pineapple & milk). There is no tea in it - so I don't know how they came up with the name...other than the tapioca floating in it...but, it is good!!!

Then it was off to our hotel and bed - for a meet up on Saturday with Dave - who we surprised with Ann's visit!

It was so fun to spend the day with Ann and get to talk in real life! We had a wonderful day!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

Sara, it looks like you had a great time. I'm in NJ spoilin' the grandbaby and knitting a little.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Bubble tea comes in many different flavors, but I think it originally started with a green tea flavor! I love it :-)

Glad you guys had a good time! We ended up in the North End for dinner and then coffee and dessert before heading to the Museum of Science for the Led Zeppelin Laser Light Show...my GOD the rain and thunder!!!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

We just got back from a trip all over too!
It looks like y'all had fin- being the tourist can be a blast :)

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Waaaaa I'm so jealous! I love that library, it would be fun to spend some serious reading time in there. Where did y'all stay? Did Ann have some knitting to entertain her while she got stuck somewhere waiting for the weather to clear? Did you take any pics at Woolcott? Questions, questions! I'm so nosy!

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still can't believe all that you two did on just the first day! The Saturday we all spent together covered miles and miles on foot, and I know *I* was worn out from that.
And, hey, I hope Ann is ok. Still no word from her.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

I would love to own a flat over Newbury Street that I stay at during the summer... that would be the dream.
Never heard of Bubble tea!

I love Boston. :)
~S

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Looks like you had fun as usual. Boston is a nice place to tour too. Especially on a nice long sunny weekend.

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a fantastic time. Don't you just love Boston? I think it's just about time for the hubby and I to visit! We missed our annual Boston weekend this past year and I'm craving a good meal in the North End :-)

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, it's good to see you're having a good time. I'm heading up to Lebanon next month-I'll email you ahead of time (from a borrowed 'puter) and see if we can't schedule a bite to eat together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home