Saturday, September 13, 2008

Handling things from far away...

I'm not good at handling things from far away. I'm a worrier!!! Class A, Card-carrying worrier! And, today is really trying my worry meter!

Daughter lives in Phoenix, Arizona! I live in New Hampshire! She is in the ER!

Somehow she got a cut on the cornea of her eye - they think it was from something that flew into the eye...but, there is concern...and they are sending her to an opthomologist. They were going to send her in an ambulance to another hospital - but, she just called and said that she is going to an opthomologist who is open today - and had an appointment available now. Of course, they gave her a narcotic to calm her down - and she can't drive...and none of her friends are currently at home...so the hospital is sending her in a cab and then bringing her back there once she sees the opthomologist!

So, my little worry meter is just ticking away...

Oh, I was three numbers away from winning the car...but, it was fun to go. Three hundred people qualified - and I think all 300 showed up to try and win that Malibu!

Update: Tara called and she is home safe and sound - a little woozy from the meds - and I couldn't get much information. But, she is not in pain now - and they gave her some medicine and I'll know more tomorrow - when she is able to think and talk rationally.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Knit Witch said...

Well, as a nurse I will tell you that corneal abrasions heal REALLY fast!!!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I had a corneal tare once and it was extremely painful. But it does heal. Believe it or not, mine was caused by my own eye lid and the fact that I had dry eyes and didn't know it. Opened my eyes at 2 in the morning and the lid caused the tare. Ouch! Thank goodness, I have public transportation to get around.

Try not to worry. You must have gotten good news by now, right?

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

Eye injuries are SCARY, I think that would be about the most worrisome injury you can have! So glad she's home and doing better.

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending good healing thoughts to your daughter. Please update us when you can.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I agree. They hurt like a bad dog but they do heal pretty quick. And glad I'm not the only one that has injured an eye by opening it. ~~waves to Rhonda. Hope you hear something soon that relieves your mind.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Hope she's ok!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I'm glad she's okay! That would scare me to death, not being close enough to actually do anything!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home