Monday, September 08, 2008

Knitting and Yarn...

My contest prize winners have been patiently waiting for their gifts...and finally finished the last one up last night. They will be packaged up and mailed tomorrow. (Gentle reminder - Shephard I still need your address)

The gifts are hand knit washclothes (for the body - not dishes). The one with the lavender soap on it was knit out of Euroflax Originals 100% linen and is machine washable and dryable. The other three were knit out of Plymouth Earth Oceanside Organic 100% Organic Cotton. Also machine washable and dryable. The soaps are from Stonewall Kitchen, a Maine company which was established in 1991. This is some beautiful Noro Kureyon which I won over at Romancing the Yarn. It arrived the other day and I am busy thinking what I want to make out it. My camera actually did justice to the colors.And, this would be some beautiful white sport weight yarn (approximately 460 yards) which I picked up at The Windsor Mercantile over in Windsor, Vermont. Yes, I talk about going over to Windsor all the time - it is one of my favorite little towns. The Mercantile will be one of my new haunts as they carry Stonewall Kitchen items - which means that I don't have to drive up to Portland, Maine when I want to stock up.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

If Shepard I doesn't want her winnings ...

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Those are great washcloths!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

The washcloth look great and I love Stonewall Kitchen products. I can't wait! :)

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh lucky winners! But, I have a question. Why does the Merchantile NOT rent pigs?

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

You're so sweet.
Email me again, and i'll give you the address. :)
~S

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Thanks for coming into the Merc!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home