Saturday, September 20, 2008

Killian Speaks...

Killian here. I asked Mom if I could write her post for her blog today...she said it was okay.

You see today is Puppy Mill Awareness Day. Yes, I know I'm a cat...but, I have friends who aren't cats too, you know...

And I wanted to let you know how important it is that you check out the place where you are buying your purebred dog and make sure that it isn't coming from a puppy mill where they are mistreated...

Or better yet - you could go to the Humane Society and find a wonderful friend who will become part of your forever family. Mom found me at a Humane Society and look how much we love each other...and what a great life I have here in New Hampshire with her!

Thanks,

Your friend,

Killian

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger Jerry in Tampa said...

GREAT post Sara!!!!! Our dogs rule our house - I've often said that if I ever did come back, I would like to be one of our pets! It's sad that a lot of pets do not have the gravy train our pets do! And, sadly enough, these puppy mills are putting out a lot of babies when there are too many now! My daughter, Courtney has Stella - an English Bulldog she rescued 2 years ago and they both couldn't be happier!!!

Cheers:-))

Jerry in Tampa

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Killian, you did a really good job of posting and your message is certainly needed. My dog, Zoey, is a rescue dog and of my 3 kitties only one was actually given to me and his mom was rather feral. One of the others just showed up on the porch and the other one was rescued from a horrid death. Someone had put her and her two sibs in a cardboard box and dumped them in a bar ditch. It was pouring down rain and they were actually floating except the cardboard was getting really soggy. Someone saw them and rescued them and blessed me with one of them. Poor little dear was too young to eat even kitten chow so it had to be soaked in warm milk until it was more like thick gravy. And, after she ate, she would crawl INTO her bowl and sleep there. I guess she didn't want to risk missing a meal. Give your mommy a hug for me, k?

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

Great post. Great reminder.
Killian needs a smooch, I think.
`S

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

Thank you Killian, we can never be reminded too much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home