Monday, September 15, 2008

M is for...

M is for Mom and Motherhood...

My mother - this was taken years ago in our yard in Florida. She loved working in the yard and was one of those people who could make anything grow beautifully. The day before she had her first stroke she was helping us plant our garden in Tennessee. She still loves plants and flowers - even though she isn't able to garden anymore.
Motherhood - something I never thought would happen for me. I was 30 when I had my little girl...she was so tiny! Under five pounds when she was born...that red hair turned a gorgeous shade of blonde.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Janet said...

all around adorableness!

 
At 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look like a teenager in that picture!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

You didn't LOOK thirty. Julie is right, you looked like a teenager.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Knit Witch said...

I agree!! You look about 17!! What a couple of great pictures!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Pat Winter Gatherings said...

I love both photos. I'm sorry your mom had a stroke,but how wonderful for her to still enjoy flowers. You are such a cute mom,no way were you 30!Your daughter...oh how sweet.
Pat

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Love that picture of you! Hot mama!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I think you're lying- no way you were 30 in that picture! 16?
What a sweet picture of your mom, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home