Thursday, September 18, 2008

14 Weeks...

Yep...that's what's left until the end of the year. And, to finish my A-Z Reading Challenge. The problem is I have 30 books to read in these 14 weeks...I've managed to read 22 books! I could have been way ahead of the game - if I had chosen to use both the title of the book and the author twice. But, I didn't do that - as I wanted to read new authors.

Here's two books recently finished...both were totally new authors to me...

Homeward Bound by Marin Thomas - this was a Harlequin American (#1079). Series romance is fun to read - and I did enjoy this book. Her writing style was a little different than a lot of series writers - but, all in all, she kept my interest...


The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry - I really liked this book...great story, well told, interesting concept, and I can't say anything else about it - because a bunch of people I know are reading it now...and I don't want to give anything away.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Oh my. 14 weeks? That's all? Thanks for heads up?

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I read the end of the Lace Reader at the bookstore last week. So now I'm not feeling so bad that I haven't read it cause I sort of did. I almost always read the end of a book before I get too involved. Unless it's a how to book I want to make sure it ends happily. if not...back to the shelf.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I'll be listening to the Lace Reader on CD. Heard it takes place in Salem, MA ... so what better story for me to read huh? So I'll be knitting while I listen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home