Sunday, March 01, 2009

My Corner of The World...

Last month the Northern Lights Quilt Guild in Lebanon, New Hampshire had Deb Tucker as a teacher and lecturer.

Some friends and I went to see her trunk show of miniature quilts and hear her speak about making miniature quilts. She was very interesting and funny.

The above quilt is one that she teaches - a sampler if you will - don't you just love that wild border fabric?
I have always wanted to venture into the world of miniature quilts - and was amazed at the beauty of both of these quilts. The Santas were just fabulous...but, that little windmill type was beautiful and gained a spot in my heart.

Another beautiful little quilt - love the turquoise and purple! Two of my favorite colors.

Seven miniature quilts all done by Deb - Are they not totally amazing!!!

And, this is Deb Tucker - she is holding my favorite little miniature quilt of the entire show. Can you believe it???

Note: I am still not feeling all that well - can't seem to get rid of the horrible sore throat. Am trying to keep fluids in me by drinking all the time...Hopefully, I will be better tomorrow. Killian continues to keep me company - and this morning I awoke to him rubbing my face with his little paw. It was the sweetest thing...

Will get my e-mails answered as soon as I can...probably by Tuesday...

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like the flu, lady. Hope you feel better soon and let Killian keep taking care of you!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Pat said...

I told Killian to make you some chicken soup. You mean he didn't DO it yet????

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger gemma said...

Sorry you're under the weather..take care and don't push too hard. I always think I'm back to normal, do too much and wind up back on the couch. Sit back and heal.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh bummer! I've heard that it's really hard to get rid of this year. Take care of you. Well, I'm sure Killian will handle that. :-)

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, they are so small! I'd love to see what you would come up with! Hope you feel better soon.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Sure hope you're feeling better soon, until then take good care of yourself!!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger knitseashore said...

What pretty quilts! I love the windmill one too.

I hope you are feeling much better now. I had the stomach flu last week, and even three cats couldn't help much with that one. I know Killian is doing his best though. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home