Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Ten on Tuesday on Wednesday...



Ten Ways You Can Make Your Life Better

(Well, this couldn't have come up at a better time...duh! Started the Z-pac last night. Slept the entire night through (what a blessing that was). A quilting friend brought me some wonderful homemade turkey soup made with veggies from her garden.)

1) Get rid of this pneumonia...take the next two weeks to care for and rest my body!

2) Now that it is getting to be spring - begin a walking plan. It will make me feel better and give that "happy" feeling.

3) Begin an exercise class at the Senior Center. They have a class on Tuesday and Thursday for an hour. The cost to join the Senior Center is $15.00 for the year. That's a pretty inexpensive exercise class.

4) Eat better! I do a very good job of eating healthy food - but, there is always room for improvement.

5) Watch my snacking - and there I am also fairly good. Not a big chocolate eater - so, I will eat either one handful of M&Ms or 1 Dove or Bliss square a day. But, I do like salty stuff - pretzels, blue corn chips, hummus, popcorn, and Fritos! Cookies - love ginger and lemon snaps!

6) Turn off the tv at night - Tape the shows I like and watch them when I want to.

7) Read more. I love to read...so, I want to do more.

8) Listen to relaxation CDs every night before I go to sleep.

9) Quit watching the NEWS!

10) Practice thinking of others and doing Random Acts of Kindness as often as I can.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Janet said...

#9 is the BEST thing you can do!!!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Pat said...

I'm glad you are feeling better AND that a friend took some soup to you. Keep up the rest AND the fluids and you will get through this just fine.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Ha..I listen to forensic files as I go to sleep. Best sleep ever LOL. One time someone gave me some relaxation cd. It about drove me crazy but it would put Hershey in such a deep sleep I thought he'd died.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger gemma said...

Glad you went when you did....pneumonia is a terrible thing if you leave it alone. Happy healing.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Glad you seem to be feeling better. Ginger snaps are really good, have you ever tried vanilla ice cream sandwiched between 2 cookies... very yummy!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Latharia said...

I hope you do feel better soon. And I've never been a huge fan of watching the news ... or reading the newspaper. Too much doom and gloom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home