Monday, October 13, 2008

Wool Tour 2008...

My first - but not my last - New Hampshire Wool Tour! I loved it! The truth of the matter was that I was only going to go to one stop - #3 on the list - Washington. But, the drive up there was so gorgeous - while there I decided to head on to all the other stops - and am I glad I did!

The roads that were chosen to get you from place to place were mostly back roads - in some cases dirt roads - covered and surrounded by trees showing off their most beautiful leaves.

Let's talk babies first - these two boys were being raffled off - if you donated some coin to the NH Food Bank. My name is in the pot to win them...don't even go there - I know I live in an apartment...but, I have a plan!!!

Aren't they the sweetest looking little things. The white one is Matthew...and the brown one is 50/50
Matthew is a hummer - and if you hum back at him he comes up and nuzzles you...gets right up against you with his sweet little face...

This one girl and I started kidding each other about who was going to win them ... and it seemed that at the next couple of stops we ran into each other - and we'd laugh and tease each other about the sweet little alpacas. When we were leaving the last stop that we would see each other at - she said to me "If I don't win them - I hope you do!" The same goes for her - If I don't, I hope she does.
The drive was majestic - Oh...the colors just blew me away. Honestly, I think this is the most colorful fall we have had since I moved here. On the way up outside a graveyard on Route 10.
The photo opportunities were everywhere -
Trying to learn how to frame my photos better - did I do it on the photo above???
This waterfall took my breath away...on the other side of the bridge - it is a nice beautiful stream that is just starting to become a fall - then it goes under the bridge and becomes this gorgeous waterfall. Could have stayed there for hours...next year I'll pack a lunch and plan on taking a break right there.Lots of pumpkins too - at this stop - It is actually the number 2 stop - but it was my 4th stop. The two tents at the top housed vendors. There was a lot of roving to be had - and yarn - and knit items.
Here this woman is spinning right off the rabbit - if you click on the photo - you will see more clearly how she has taken his "fur" off of him - and you can see how different he looks in two spots.
And, at most of the stops there was music...a harp player at one...
And a group of young musicians at another stop.

It was great fun...I am so glad I took the day to do this...

Stopped on the way home for a nice dinner at the Appleseed Restaurant in Bradford...

I'll show you what I bought in the next day or so - I was very thrifty this year...


Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger amy said...

How did the stops work? Were there many vendors at each stop? If so, I think that is a great way to see 25 vendors at only 5 stops. I was going to go on Sunday- I printed out all the maps and directions but I decided to skip it. I bought a drum carder on Friday and pretty much spent the money I was saving for the tour. But next year for sure! You're pictures are awesome. Knowing my luck, the weather probably won't be as good next year.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger amy said...

Oh, and I hope you win the alpacas!

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh Sara, your photos are all just wonderful. And I'm so glad you took a good pic of the lady spinning from the bunny. I had once read about someone doing this but couldn't quite imagine it.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Yup ... you did alright with the pictures. Sure made me wish I was in the car with you ... traveling the back road. Sweet.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Anna M. said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! The scenery looks absolutely gorgeous (makes me want to live there) and the alpacas very cute and friendly. I've never heard an alpaca hum, but I bet it was cute! =)

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger knitseashore said...

I saw on Noolie's post that you had entered the raffle for the alpacas. Good luck!!!

Your photos are so pretty -- I was in Bennington on the Saturday and have to agree that fall is just gorgeous this year!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger gemma said...

I feel like I just took a ride in the country on a beautiful fall day. Your pictures are just terrific. The alpacas have won my heart.. is there anything more adorable than those faces? I hope you win too so we can see more pictures. Thanks again, as always for sharing your adventures.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

I've never heard of knitting right off the rabbit, are you sure the rabbit liked that? Wow your photos from this trip were amazing, yes you definitely captured some beautiful shots!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

That sounds like so much fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home