Thursday, February 16, 2006

Fabric Scraps and More Fabric Scraps...

I'm a saver...no, the truth is I'm a pack-rat! When I quilt, I save almost every scrap I cut! Well, now it has paid off...(see, I told you so...)

One of my on-line groups is doing a postage stamp round robin block. Yep...2-1/2 inch squares. Starting off with a center square of 4 - and then each person (four in the group) will add a border of more 2-1/2 inch squares.

So, I went digging in the bucket of scraps and found tons of pieces of fabric that were either already 2-1/2 inches or could be cut into 2-1/2 inch squares. I have a bunch of them...

Additionally, I found blue and green fabrics in sizes I can use on my landscape fabric postcards that I am making. And, I didn't even have to cut into any of my regular stash!

Life is good!

2 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like such a fun idea. I've done a few like that over the years. If you've never done them, you are in for a pleasant BIG surprise! (Don't forget to post pictures, ok?)

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Do we get to see pics Sara?(I'm always looking for new ideas)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home