Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Velentine's Day...

What a nice day yesterday was! Thought Mother might be coming down with a cold, so I kept her home from her Day-Out Program in order to keep an eye on her. Worked on rearranging my kitchen cabinets (more work than I thought it would be) and just sort of hung out.

My daughter, Tara, called and it was great hearing her voice. We talked for a little while. I do miss her! Sometimes it seems like Arizona is sooo far away.

Scarlett cooked dinner. Tammy and I had Shrimp Scampi and Shrimp Marsala and a couple of tiny lobster tails. Scarlett had a steak (she is allergic to shell fish - and I know she misses it so much!) Mother had roast pork which was tender and easy for her to eat. Everyone had a wonderful baked potato and green peas.

Scarlett gave me a book - At Knit's End - Meditations for Women who Knit Too Much by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee.

I have been reading and laughing my way through Stephanie's blog - Yarn Harlot - since I discovered the world of blogging...so, this book was a wonderful gift for me.


I gave Scarlett yarn - a really pretty multi-colored yarn for socks and a plain Navy blue for a scarf. These will be my next projects after I finish the Olympic Knitting Challenge socks.

Tammy got some of her favorite hand soaps and some white chocolate. And, mother got some sugar free candy!

Yes, it was a nice day!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home