Saturday, November 18, 2006

Knit Unto Others Begins...

Today begins Knit Unto Others - from now until December 2nd plans are that I will knit another red scarf for the Red Scarf Project 2007...the cause really touched me...I could not begin to imagine trying to go to college with no family to support you emotionally! Or to send you goodies packages just to say they were thinking of you...


Last night I cast on for the scarf...and I got this far:

The yarn: Bernat Softee Chunky (a full skein I had left over from the other scarf I made)

The color: Berry Red

The pattern: Cast on 20 stitches - did 6 rows of garter stitch... doing a border of three stitches on each side in garter stitch and the center is called Eyelets - and is January 11 in 365 Knitting Stitches A Year Perpetual Calendar

3 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that scarf is sooooooooooo cute. The recipient of that little beauty is going to be just thrilled:)

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Ann said...

That charity crafting stuff can be contagious! I am working on a hat and baby booties to go with the snail quilt to ship off...

I love what you have been up to!

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful pattern for the scarf. That's going to make someone VERY happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home