Tuesday, November 21, 2006

UFOs...WIP...

My Australian friend, Sandie, issued a challenge to get some of our Unfinished Objects finished during 2007. This is my first project...a quilt for my daughter, Tara. It is already sandwiched...so all I have to do is quilt it.

It is a king size quilt...and is a charm scrap quilt...meaning that no two pieces of scrap fabric are the same...the rectangular blocks are muslin as is the backing. I truly wanted for this quilt to have an "old" look.

Today I bought the thread to hand quilt this baby! So, as soon as the holidays are over...I will begin to quilt this one.

8 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Hockey Mom said...

Oh wow! That is gorgeous! She is such a lucky girl. If I keep looking at all your quilts, maybe it will inspire me to get off my a** and finish the 4 or 5 tops I have in my pile.

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks so fantastic! I've tried to make a few over the years, but the non0matching fabrics freaked me out a bit.
And hand quilting? You are one brave woman.

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great colors! And handquilting a king size?! Bully for you! I've never had the patience to hand quilt anyhting larger than a wall hanging.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Elaine said...

Beautiful! I wish I quilted but I have so much knitting to do!! Great Job.

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt! Your daughter will love it! And wow, king size even, that is a huge task. Bravo!

Thank you for all your comments throughout! I really appreciate them.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

You're so adventureous! How were you thinking of quilting it? (It's beautiful by the way)

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh Sara, that's amazing. Lots of stitches full of love are going to be holding it together!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Nina In Norway said...

Lovely! It is stunning!
I will suport you in your work, King Sice? You are brave!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home