Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ten on Tuesday...

10 Things I Love About My Life

1. My Family:

My daughter, Tara Danielle, is the pride of my life. I've loved her from the minute she was conceived. She has grown up to be a wonderful, beautiful, and interesting woman.

My mother, Carmen still brings joy - even though the disease continues to eat away at her memory - she is happy here in her home and I am happy that I have the ability to care for her.

My sister, Mary Ellen, and I have managed to become closer as we have aged...and I am thankful for her and her husband, Michael, in my life.

2. My Friends:

Both offline and online friends share their lives with me and have always been there for me. They forgive me when I don't always stay in touch. I am thankful that my last relationship ended with us still being able to be friends.

3. My Pets:

Killian, my cat, has been with me for almost 12 years. He was a little scrawny kitten in a cage at the humane society who happened to yell the loudest & climbed up his cage door to get my attention the day I was looking for a pet to love. He loves me unconditionally!

Isis and Zac, my dogs. Even though we don't live in the same household anymore - they are always so happy to see me when I go over to walk or feed them. I love them so much!

4. New England

I love living in New England. It is where I was meant to live. I love the beauty, the traditions, and the people. I love the look of the land and the seasons. Each season is so very special!

5. My knitting and quilting

I love the ability I have to knit and quilt - not only for myself but that they are talents that can be shared with others. Both bring me joy and a sense of fulfillment.

6. Books

I have always had a love of books and reading. I love to get lost in a story, feel a book in my hands, and gain knowledge.

7. Being at Peace

I love that I am at a stage in my life where I am at peace with myself and my world.

8. My Home

My home is my sanctuary. I love the feel of being in my home. It reflects the things I treasure and the people I love. I love the feeling of safety and joy that I have within its walls.

9. Music

The love of music has always been with me! Even though I couldn't carry a tune if someone gave it to me - I still love music! Love the freedom music brings, the joy it creates, and the memories of times and places it can bring with a simple song.

10. Travel

I love the fact that we have the ability to travel...whether it be in person, via a book, or via a movie or television show. I love the fact that I can travel around the area where I live and to other wonderful places. Travel brings me joy! It always educates me! Maybe it's because I love to learn that I love to travel so very much.

Car Update: It must have seen my post - and known I was not happy! When I went to start it to take it to the mechanic - it worked fine...and hasn't quit yet! YEA!!!


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Janet said...

What a positive, joy filled post! I very much enjoyed reading it :-)

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

These are all wonderful things and people in your life Sara....I loved reading this TEN FOR TUESDAY, very very much....!

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Susan said...

A great post, Sara. Maybe your positive thoughts affected the vehicle! Hope so

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger gemma said...

Great post...great things to love. Glad the car is on the mend. It knew you were headed to the dealer.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger gemma said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Alison said...

Lovely post. Thankfulness is a wonderful thing and should be practiced much more often by many more people!

happy knitting-
ali

 

Post a Comment

<< Home