Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Salads and Flowers...

Saturday night I went to a party...actually it was an ice cream social - but, everyone brought a dish - it just had to be a cold salad or sandwiches.
I took some Baked Potato Salad - it tasted really good - but, it is not a pretty salad to make. Just baked some small red potatoes (with the skins on), cut them up into bite size pieces, added one pound of cooked crumbled bacon, a cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and 16 ounces of sour cream to mix it all together.
The other salad I took was really good. And so easy to make...

1 Avocado (cut up in small pieces)

1 Mango (cut up in small pieces)

1 can whole kernel corn (rinsed and drained)

1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)

Juice of one lime.

Mix all together - that's it! Everyone said it was excellent...


And, aren't the table decorations pretty? Just simple little wild flowers!!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh it all looks so fresh and tasty..even the flowers. Before everything was sprayed to death I used to eat flowers all the time. I still eat carnations sometimes even though the dye probably isn't all that good for me.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

I love wildflowers and potato salad. :)
~S

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those look delicious!

arlene,
East Bremerton florist

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Oh, I love the table decorations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home