Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This...That...And T'other...Again...

1) These past few weeks seem to have been non-stop for me...but, now it seems like a slight routine is happening. Have been spending time with Mom and she seems to be doing okay. She has not mentioned coming home - and some days she knows me and others she doesn't seem sure. But, I am okay with all that.

I had a meeting with the staff and it seems that she is doing better than most when they are first admitted - Physical therapy has been working with her and she is walking behind her wheelchair with someone behind her...she is eating 75% to 100% of her meals and has not lost any weight. She enjoys happy hour on Friday afternoon by eating a lot of cheese and crackers...but, nothing stronger than apple juice.

We spent Sunday afternoon and into the evening together watching tv and enjoying dinner together. It was the longest I've stayed since she was in the hospital part...and while she slept for part of it (afternoon nap)...it was nice just being there...and not having to jump up and down to be caregiver...

2) Creatively - I am a mess! Lots of little promptings - but not enough to get me to my sewing machine - but, I am thinking it is time to get off my butt and get some stuff worked on.

Have decided to go back to one of the quilt guilds that I used to belong to when we first moved here...it meets during the day once a month...and there are some tremendously creative people in the guild. I'll be going this Thursday morning!!!! Maybe that will inspire me!

3) Knitting never seems to be a problem - and I have suddenly started experimenting with some wonderful new yarns...

This is a wonderful soft organic cotton - and is perfect for wash clothes (no - not to wash dishes - but for the body) !!! I am making several as prizes for my contest winners...
A new baby yarn jumped into my basket the other day - it seems like there are several people I know who are having babies and it never hurts to have a nice little gift on hand...
And, this would be 100% linen...and it is being used to make a washcloth also - it is my understanding from a friend who used it - that the more it gets washed - the softer it gets. Just have to try it...

4) Am trying to eat better!!! And, cook a nice evening meal each night. Not perfect at it yet - but, getting there.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Susan said...

That's where I really don't do well...cooking dinner. If I don't have a pot of something to eat on all week, it's usually cereal or a pancake. It just seems like too much work to cook a meal for one. LOL would help if I even halfway liked to cook!

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like your Mom is doing well; I'm glad to hear it.

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like your Mom is doing well; I'm glad to hear it.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Janet said...

I'm glad to hear your Mom is doing better...it's so hard, isn't it?

I made a delish meal the other night with ground turkey being the basis, along with sauteed onions, diced tomatoes, chopped spinach & feta cheese over brown rice. Yum!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Hey there Sara! I love your blog- it will be fun to pop in and out to see what you are up to and what you are creating!Prayers to your mom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home