Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Corner of the World...

The architecture here in New England fascinates me...I love the different style houses. This house is so appealing. It is well kept and always looks like it would be a nice place to come home to. I see it often as it is right across the street from where I shop for my meat.

This would be Liberal Beef Company. Doesn't look like much on the outside, does it? But, inside - Mike and his gang - have the best meat anywhere. They not only operate the meat market but also serve most of the commercial places (like restaurants and other small markets).
This is where I head when I want fresh ground chuck to make a hamburger that day...or a nice little steak that isn't pre-frozen. I have shopped there for meat since we moved here four years ago.

Last week, I featured The Way Condos - and totally forgot that this beautiful small apartment building is almost across the street from them.

The building is nestled in among the trees - and I think there are either 3 or 4 apartments (counted the meters) in the building. It is such a peaceful setting.
The one on the left is so adorable with the small porch...just think it is really neat.
Susan, this one might be more affordable - want me to let you know when one becomes available???

4 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh yeah, for sure! I do wish! A lovely home in a town where the butcher is liberal. I'm on my way! Actually that house reminds me of my home when I was little. It had a porch that wrapped around. One of the ends (the side away from the driveway) opened into my bedroom. I could pretend that my little room was actually my little house. Outside, on my side, were apple trees and a small glimpse of the country road that went by. Absolutely perfect when I was 7. :-)...or now.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Janet said...

oh I love that house!

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I love the house with the porch. I have always loved a house with a front porch ... wish my house now had one. When DH comes home we'd sit out there and watch the world from it.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

I fell in love with New England architecture when we visited Boston and P-Town. I can understand your fascination. :) Someday,I'd love to have a coastal style home.
~S :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home