Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ten on Tuesday...


Ten Things You Won't Miss About Winter

1.) Power Outages

2.) Dreary gray days

3.) Weather Delays

4.) Icy Roads

5.) The sound of plow trucks in the middle of the night.

6.) Clearing the snow off the car - don't they make something that does that automatically???

7.) No farmer's markets - I love fresh veggies and love to buy them the day they are picked.

8.) That there is no green or fresh flowers other than at the grocery or florist.

9.) Dreary grey days - I know I already said that - but, it deserves being said again.

10.) Not being able to open the windows and clear the air

You can play here!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger Franny said...

Hi! I won your OWOH Giveaway and have not received it yet. Is there a problem? Please let me know.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Franny (who posted the previous comment)...I'm thinking that in spite of winning Sara's gift, you didn't choose to follow her blog or you'd not have asked this question. She has been quite ill with pneumonia and I'm sure that has delayed the prize being sent to you. I can assure you that she won't deprive you of the prize and when her health is better and she can get out to run errands, she will get the prize mailed to you.

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Sara......I'm glad you are able to get online once a day and do your blog. I know living alone that this is company for you...and I appreciate your blog posts. I think I may do this winter one on my blog within the not-too-distant future!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said...

OH Sara, I couldn't have said it better, this is all exactly how I feel! And yes mentioning dreary gray days twice is completely called for!!!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Janet said...

hahaha I had to laugh at #9...so true!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Wow Sara, you hit the nail on the head. I won't miss ANY of these things about winter... but I think it might be awhile before I get the chance to not miss them!

Glad you're feeling better. Still, you need lots of rest and hugs.

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats kinda funny! We definitly think alike. Looks like we share alot of the same ideas.

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And don't forget the snow ;-)

They do make something for #6; it's called a garage. Sadly, they are much more expensive than a snow brush so I won't be seeing one at the end of my driveway anytime soon.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Oh how I agree with all of these! Especially opening the windows. I love having our windows open!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home