Saturday, April 26, 2008

Quilting Content...

One of the things in quilting I seem to enjoy very much is a Round Robin. For those of you who don't know what that is - I will explain using my returned Super Size Round Robin Block which arrived yesterday...

There were four of us in this Round Robin...I began my block by making the center of the block which is the 12-1/2 Turquoise Maple leaf. I also had to send some fabric which could or could not be used in this block.

I sent it to Susan who was the next person on the list...Susan used some of the main fabric and the blue triangle fabric (and I think the lavender - but, I can't remember sending that) to make that four inch border around my maple leaf.


From Susan it went to Ann - and she did the adorable pin wheels in the next border - it is a five inch border - the blue wheel in the pin wheels is the fabric I sent.

Ann then sent it to Milly - she added the 6-1/2" border. She tied the entire block together by making cornerstones of maple leaves out of some of the fabric I sent. Then she sent it home to me.

The block measures 27" square. I think I might add a three inch or 6 inch border of some kind - and quilt it up into a lap size quilt. It would be just big enough to cover up while watching tv in my lounge chair.

I could also add a three or 6 inch border to the top and bottom - then add the above mentioned border - this would then make it a rectangle 51 x 39. Or I could just leave it alone and quilt it up so that it would be a wall hanging. The possibilites are endless.


4 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

I love round robin quilts. They are so much fun to see what everyone has done. Your quilt is really nice. I love the color combination.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I've never done a round robin with anything, but that quilt looks beautiful :) A job well done!

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats so beautiful and a great concept...now to learn to quilt and make friends that do too!

~CourtneyRyan

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's gorgeous! I wish I had the patience to quilt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home