Monday, April 28, 2008

Super Sized Round Robins...

This block belonged to Ann...She did that center piece, then the darker border was added by Milly. When it came to me - Milly said she wasn't happy with her border...so, she and I agreed that I should pull off that light blue small little border and just leave her dark border.

I then added my own border of three batiks and a 9-patch in the corners. The light fabric that I used in the 9-patch came from Ann. Being the third person to work on this block, I then sent it on to Susan...I haven't seen what she did with this block. You should recognize those fabrics as I posted a photo of them when I bought them.
This was the block that Milly sent to me. It is her block so she was the first one to work on it. I loved her colors...but the red around it was a very difficult color to match.
Finally, I found that paisley material. The red matched perfectly! The small greenish border was fabric that Milly sent and matched her center. I combined that fabric and the paisley and made a 6-1/2 border...and then 9-patch blocks for the corners. So, I was the second person to work on this block. From me it once again went to Susan and then to Ann. Can't wait to see what they did.
Sometimes these round robins really cause you to think about different fabrics than you would normally use. I would never have picked out that paisley...but combined with the other fabrics it just worked!

6 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

How fun- I love how round robin projects take on a life of their own!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

OH*WOW!!! I love these quilts and the work you've put into them. I like the idea of the round robin for the quilts. I'd love to see them when they're complete.

I hopped to your blog from Shephard.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

Sometimes it is difficult to work with fabrics choosen by others. But difficulties seem to make us stretch our borders and learn. I love your round robin blogs. Fun, fun, fun.

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. I'm particularly fond of the purple one.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

Wow, you can pretty much change the whole look, level by level.
~S

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger Digitalgran said...

Isn't it wonderful seeing those quilts developing with different people adding to them?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home