Thursday, March 19, 2009

Unfinished Project Exchange...


Remember this? I posted about it over here. It was an unfinished project that I had grown to hate. Not that it wasn't a great project - it just had memories of a lot of doctor office visits with Mom...

Well, Angela over at
Quilting on the Run decided to have an unfinished project exchange. And, I thought why not. It might be something that someone else would love. And, all the pieces are cut and most are ready to be made into the blocks...So it is wending it's way to Angela.

Besides this would be a wonderful way to expand my creativity - and find other ways to express it.

And, this is what I got...from Angela...



The embroidered blocks are really pretty - in a beautiful blue... She had already cut the strips (the dark blue) to make add to them to make them a block. The other fabrics are for backing and additional blocks.

I am thinking about several things for this - a small wall hanging for my sister - (who would love that bottom fabric...with maybe four of the blocks. Then some cushions for a couch or bed...

So, I hope Angela likes what I sent her - because I like what she sent me.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Pat said...

What a GREAT idea...to exchange unwanted UFO's. Of course, it would be MY luck I'd have gotten something I disliked more than my OWN. LOL Lucky for you that you got something so pretty...and you have good ideas for it, too!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Barb said...

That is a wonderful idea....and it looks like you got something fun to work with as well.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Susan said...

OHHH, they're really pretty. Is that hand embroidery or machine? I think you'll have fun with these. And I do understand about projects becoming unhappy reminders. What a good idea to swap.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

All the shades of blues are very pretty. Looks like there is a lot of fabrics to work with. Can't wait to see what you make!

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

What a neat idea! I'm looking forward to seeing both finished products.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I absolutely LOVE that blue fabric. Can't wait to see how you finish it!

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great swap idea. I always seems to miss out on these things. Thanks!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

what a great swap!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home